Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hooray! 1st Thursday Prayer Answered

Hello Hello,
It's Kim saying Thank you for all the prayers for my scan this A.M.. Don't worry about any "rays' coming at you I asked the cute tech, from Gonzales, La(I recognized his accent). He said You have to be closer than 6 ft. for more than 30 min. but it does last for 5 or so days. The glorious answer to your prayers is that the part of the scan the passed over my head felt like it only lasted half as long AND I was able to open my eyes several times so that helped alot. Also, they only had to do the scan once over instead of a second run like yesterday. Maybe it is because there wasn't anything to see, right?

Dicky is packing because he spoke to the nurse in the Dr.'s office and she thought there wouldn't be anymore to do on this trip. We are waiting for the official words from Dr. Yao at 2:30.

Those middle-of-the-nighters who have told us you were praying, thank you. We have had restful nights which helps a ton the next day to face so many new directions. Kacey B. came by this morning and found a weepy Kim, but I have experienced God's comfort and assurance constantly. When I came out of my scan I saw two ladies hugging [staff, not patients] and I asked if one needed a hug. She hugged me thinking I asked for a hug, and said everything would be all right. When I walked away she said, "No everything IS all right. And I said "Yes."

When I walked out to the front, I hugged her and said, "We serve a mighty God." And she smiled and looked up to heaven. And I felt Jesus there.

Keep praying for this afternoon. Y'all are awesome.

I love you,

Kim

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's excellent news!! Glad that box is checked and praying for the Yao visit to be just as good!

Love and praying for you two!!

Missy and Randy Goodwin said...

Kim,

If your Dr. was on time, you should be with him as I write this. I made sure that I was praying at 2:30 on the dot (and before and after)!

I've been reading the tons of comments that have been sent your way. If you ever had any doubt before how loved you are by so many, this whole experience should clear that right up. You're a special person and an inspiration to a whole bunch of us.

I'm closing so I can go pray some more!

Love,
Missy

Anonymous said...

Hoping you are out of the appointment with Dr Yao by now and that all went well. Checking this site regularly 'cause we love you dearly!

Mary B and Mike

Anonymous said...

Fervently,
Wade (and crew)

Dr. Dale Boersma said...

Kim you are in our thoughts and prayers -at all hours for we are up at all hours and you all are on our hearts. God is good and He supplies the strength for the day. I am praying for a miracle for you. How I wish I could be there to give you a big hug. May He lift you up on Eagles wings.Helen and Dale

Anonymous said...

Kim,

As your blog continues to pop up on my screen, I keep praying. I haven't been where you are, but I sure have been in some places where I needed to see God in action and He was ever faithful. My prayer is that you will SEE God in action as often and as fully as we have. We love you and Dicky so much. You and Dicky and the entire CCC family sustained us through so many difficult times, that we wish there were more that we could do to sustain you now, but I know that prayer is the most powerful. Hang in there...

Bruce and Roz Pack