Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We hit the ground runnin...

We're here. Made the trip in less than 5 hours [in the rain again!] , checked in across the street at the Rotary House[a Marriott-run hotel at MDA] and raced across the walk-way to get registered. We have already run into FOUR former or current Christ Community Church members!

We have somewhat of a schedule so far. Kim is getting her blood taken as I type and is headed from there to x-ray. We have our first appointment with our main doc--Dr. Yao--at 1:00 p.m. today and a CT scan starting at 7:10 tonight, lasting till about 9:00. Dicky plans on a nap sometime in there. Actually Dicky will have a nap, whether he finds a place to lie down or not.

Tomorrow something starts at 6:30 a.m. [the schedule is unclear what it is] and then Kim begins prepararion for a series of scans called an "Octreotide Scan." We spend the day tomorrow in "Nuclear Medicine" at the Mays Clinic, which I haven't found yet. This Octreotide scan goes on through Thursday morning. So far nothing else has been scheduled, but we'll know more when we've seen the doc.

By the way, as I typed the patient rearrived from blood work and we are waiting her turn in X-ray. I'll have time to give another shout out this afternoon between doctor visit and CT scan. There's a patient orientation somewhere in there and a move into our room, which was not ready when we got here. I am sure Kim will try to eat a bite in there somewhere, since she had nothing this morning prior to bloodwork and can't eat anything 3 hours prior to CT scan.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for coming along...

Dicky

4 comments:

Boot Coffee said...

Just wanted you to know that you guys are so close to my heart. I'm following along anxiously and praying daily for you all. I love you so much.

Marlee

Anonymous said...

praying for healing, peace, wisdom and discernment during this time. I am glad you have the computer with you - waiting time at the hospital can be tedious.

Jim Karen Allison & Jake

Anonymous said...

that photo of Kim is the
spitting image of carrie!
oh my.
praying for you guys,
kari jo
in new york

Anonymous said...

I will have my Seminary extension class praying for you all to night.