Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday breather [of sorts] for a bit...

Hello Friends,

We are finished with PART ONE of our first day at M D Anderson and are in a small break before we head to PART TWO in a couple of hours. Kim's CT scan is scheduled for 7:10 p.m. tonight and [with the prep work] will last till about 9:00.

We scurried from pillar to post and for you guys who said MDA is all about waiting, I did not have time to open the laptop today before somebody came for Kim or both of us, before it could spool up! I actually banged out the noon blog and was called away before Icould post it. On a passing phone call with Carrie about 2:30 she offered to post it and did.

We met with our main doc about 1:30 [after meetings with the "front person," the nurse, the Physicians Assistant...all of whom were wonderful]. He was willing to answer our questions and we discussed it all quite candidly. We have an appointment with him on Thursday at 2:30 p.m. to assess it all after he reviews the results of the testing between now and then, and we decide on future treatment. I'll send updates as I have information and the opportunity to send them.

We have so loved your posts to the blog and feel like we are in touch with home and those that love us. We check the blog regularly and so appreciate your coming there and praying. If I can keep my head up, I'll send something after tonight's CT scan. Otherwise, I will be up early and I know there are at least EIGHT GUYS who will be up working on their memory verses!

We love and appreciate you all,

Dicky

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers have been with you all day...thanks for the update on where "we've" been.
Love you both,
Mary Helen

Lora said...

Sounds like joining the Army or registering for school. You never feel like you are through with one thing before you are due at the next. Busy days are a good thing! You know someone is working to make you well! WE ARE PRAYING!

Collin said...

Thank y'all so much for the blog. We are praying for you...two people who have touched our lives very much.

Collin and Sarah Garbarino

Len said...

The Octreotide? Are you pulling my leg? Good grief...when they hook you in, Kim, say hello to Neo, Trinity, and all the other folks from the Matrix.

We prayed for y'all in staff today. (JohnO said he'd buy lunch for everybody, then he weasled out. Pray for his wretched heart!)

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to let you all know, He can, and I believe with all my heart He will! Angela and I are praying for a complete healing so don't be surprised if they can't find anything. It is in His hands. He is not in anyway surprised by this situation. I am also praying that y'all find peace and rest that surpasses understanding. We love you all!
Josh and Angela Jones

Corrie said...

praying for you both right now during CT scan...

Anonymous said...

Dicky & Kim,

My love & prayers are with your family. I certainly feel for y'all as I've been in the same spot with my own family.

I love the blog so I know what's going on with y'all.

You've both impacted so many people for good. My prayers continue from Tennessee.

Love,
Steven Black

*For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. - Phillipians 4:13

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim & Dicky,

The blog is great (Carrie did good)! Kim, love your blog title because Gods Adventures are always GREAT! Jim & I are praying for you as are many others, most importantly Jesus is interceding in every prayer.

Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16

Almost new members
Jim & Rose Kelley
jimnrosekelley@netzero.net

Merritt said...

More prayers coming from NYC ... We love the Love family!

merritt and jim

Chris said...

I have a stack of old CCC sermons on tape and an antique Walk-man. If you get bored just say the word and I'll run them up there...seriously, I haven’t stopped praying for you both since I heard the news...anything Monique and I can do we will.
Chris Nilsson

Anonymous said...

Dicky & Kim,

Praying for you guys.

From here in Oklahoma
Neal & Laura

Anonymous said...

I have to say from experience that barium is no fun - so kim, I feel you on that one -- just remembering that stuff makes me scrunch up my face. Well oh barium you make our insides glow but boy do you taste bad -- wishing you many more days of no barium to chug -- dana t.

Anonymous said...

Dicky and Kim,

So glad that you have had "wonderful" people to see you through so far. May the peace of Christ continue to shine in you both. Tell Twinkles hi. BTW, there are more than 8 guys reviewing verses.

David

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful to see how loved you all are. I am so sorry. I have been praying but after I put the blog in my favorites spot, I forgot!!! Anyway, I have been praying so much and have your pictures still on my dresser, so know you are in my heart and on my mind. I am so glad to hear all that is happening. I love you, Gail